WWE '12 Champions of the Ring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Champions of the Ring PS3 League for WWE '12!

HomeHome  ForumForum  NewsNews  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GM Ryan Lee
Admin
GM Ryan Lee

Character Sheet
Alias: Ryuu Lee
PSN ID: kaydinv
Finishing Move(s): Dragon Suplex

Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Empty
PostSubject: Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)   Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Tag Team Match Rules

Alright, everyone, it seems as though a lot of people are not happy with the game's rules for Tag Team matches so we're going to put in some rules of our own to keep things fun and fair. Below you will find the details for all Tag Team Match types. If you violate these rules, the match will be a loss for your team (so don't):

Normal Tag Team and Tag Team Elimination:
1. If you are not tagged in, you may not enter the ring unless it is to stop or protect a pin/submission or the referee is knocked out. If you jump in and no pin or submission is being performed, you MUST leave the ring immediately. You may NOT wait until a pin or submission is started just because you think it will give you a disadvantage. Keep in mind that you cannot reenter the ring just because another nonlegal man is in the ring.

2. When the referee counts to 3 on anyone, he will Stun them temporarily and play out an animation telling them to leave. If the Referee Stuns anyone in the ring, all nonlegal fighters in the ring must leave immediately. You may NOT wait in the ring just because you think your opponent will go for a pin when you leave.

3. Hot Tags are legal. This rule is mostly here to explain how they work: When you are in a tag match, if you are in the corner and not tagged in, you can hold the Up or Down buttons on the D-pad to start a Hot Tag. After awhile, the Hot Tag will become available to your teammate. This only works once per game, per team.

4. Referee taunts are legal. This rule is mostly here to explain how they work: When you are in a tag match, if you are in the corner and not tagged in, you can hold the Left or Right buttons on the D-pad to taunt the Referee. When this happens, the referee will stun any nonlegal fighters in the ring and tell them to leave. When the stun happens: the character that the referee stuns must leave the ring as soon as possible (just like with rule #2), even if their teammate is being pinned. They may reenter as stated in rule #1 once they have left.

Royal Tag Team Match

Match Type: Tornado Tag (Including Variations)
This is a custom match type for Champions of the Ring. Read the rules below to find out how to correctly play a Royal Tag Team match.

1. At the beginning of the match, all but one champion from each team must leave the ring.

2. Champions outside of the ring cannot attack or taunt anyone in or out of the ring.

3. When the legal man in the ring leaves the ring, their tag team partner becomes the legal man and must enter the ring fully (past the ropes). This includes when leaving the ring intentionally or unintentionally on your part or being removed from the ring on your opponent's part.

4. You may not enter the ring unless you are the legal man for any reason whatsoever, not even to break pins/submissions. If you do enter the ring, you must leave immediately.

5. Attacks from inside of the ring to the outside are legal. This includes: Diving attacks from the top rope, Outside Dives, Apron attacks, and in the case of a Tables match, any attack that would cause your opponent to fall out of the ring and break a table.

That's all guys. Please, follow the rules and make sure you understand them completely before your next Tag Team match.

Last edited by GM Ryan Lee on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cotrleague.forumotion.com
Hatchet

Hatchet

Character Sheet
Alias: Hatchet
PSN ID: X3rdDayX
Finishing Move(s): Renditions of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)   Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:21 am

personally I dont like rule #1 at all, takes alot of the fun out of the game and the game already has rules in place for such thing to make sure your not in for more than 5 seconds as it is.. When you can jump in once in a while and get a shot in or i'm in the match worried about people coming in its more exciting and I feel like I have to be smarter on when I time things, add more strategy..

Also it makes the game last longer and more challenging.. Since its only 1 match for a tag match as it is.. Also its not likely in any event that a heel team would follow such rules so it makes the match unrealistic and diminishes character..

I like it the way it was where i can do what I want but if ur obnoxious about it and come in all the time the game can DQ you.. and does.. (happened to ripp death). If you watch the two tag matches I have posted, We do try and stay on the apron alot of the game but cant help from getting in the action.. Theres a different between jumping in to liven things up, or being a douche and coming in every 6 seconds for 5 seconds.. which i'm sure u'll end up getting DQd eventually if u do..

Also being able to jump in, provokes the other player to jump in, letting u guys duke it out and giving him less of a chance to break up a pin or submission.. Giving you some strategy on when you time your stuff.. also prevents u from getting bored quickly.. ensures u get action if ur being dominated already..

But than again, if these are the rules than thats that.. I'm just voicing my opinion as tag team in this league..

The rest of the rules I already assumed were legal.. Most ppl leave when they get stunned by the reff so they dont get DQd as it is..
Back to top Go down
http://www.3rddayvp.com
GM Ryan Lee
Admin
GM Ryan Lee

Character Sheet
Alias: Ryuu Lee
PSN ID: kaydinv
Finishing Move(s): Dragon Suplex

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)   Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 pm

The problem is, Hatchet, the referee is suppose to stop nonlegal men from entering the ring. They do that in professional wrestling, but they don't in the game. Also, the referee counts extremely slow, so the 5 count is more like 15 seconds and people simply exit and reenter the ring to reset his count. You have to be slow or oblivious to get DQ'd. The new rules don't stop you from fighting in the ring for as long as you described, it just doesn't allow people to enter without a good reason (the referee is distracted because he's counting the pin).

I wouldn't have changed the rules if a lot of people didn't complain. These rules are simply a reaction to people abusing the already broken and unrealistic mechanics of the game, resulting in an experience that was not enjoyable for some.

That being said, it's good to voice your opinion on the subject and I will take what you've said into consideration. You should probably create a new thread next time in a section where more people can reply though (this section is only for Promoters). Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cotrleague.forumotion.com
Hatchet

Hatchet

Character Sheet
Alias: Hatchet
PSN ID: X3rdDayX
Finishing Move(s): Renditions of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)   Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Whoops, sorry about that buddy.. Next time I will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.3rddayvp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)   Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tag Team Match Rules (Please Read)
Page 1 of 1