WWE '12 Champions of the Ring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Champions of the Ring PS3 League for WWE '12!

HomeHome  ForumForum  NewsNews  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GM Ryan Lee
Admin
GM Ryan Lee

Character Sheet
Alias: Ryuu Lee
PSN ID: kaydinv
Finishing Move(s): Dragon Suplex

Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches Empty
PostSubject: Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches   Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:57 am

Hey all, by now you might have read or heard about how CotR will only have 4 PPV events in the next year. So, I wanted to take some time to clarify what exactly is going on with the league regarding PPV's and Title Matches.

I have some pretty big plans for our PPV events this year. First and foremost is the "Ultimate Champion of the Ring" title. Now, this isn't a traditional wrestling title like the World Cruiserweight Championship Title or the Breakout Championship Title. Instead, this is more like a rank or label that distinguishes the best of the best in the league.

The idea is that at the 4 major PPV events, there will be a match between the current World Heavyweight Champion and current World Cruiserweight Champion. The winner of this match will be dubbed the "Ultimate Champion of the Ring" for that PPV. It will be next to impossible to become the Ultimate Champion twice. Don't take that as a challenge, it just means I will do everything I can to make sure that you will not have the title at any other major PPV events EXCEPT the Crown of Valor PPV which will be CotR's equivalent of Wrestlemania.

So, in short, there will be three different Ultimate Champions in the year.

Regarding the PPV's themselves, each one will have its own theme. Crown of Valor, as already stated, will be the most prestigious of all the CotR PPV events as it is our version of Wrestlemania. Warrior's Edge will replace "Tables, Ladders and Champions" as our extreme type of PPV event and will take place in Japan (kayfabe). Riot on the Beach is the feel good PPV celebration taking place in Los Angeles, CA and Darkest Hour is our final PPV, taking place in London, England before coming back full circle to Crown of Valor.

As for Championship Title shots, of course each month there will be at least one guaranteed title defense for each championship. This will most likely happen on the final Night of Champions of the month, which will be a special "Main Event Night of Champions." Each Championship will also be defended at all four major PPV's.

The reason that I decided to scale back the PPV's down to 4 is because I feel as though the only reason we were having one monthly PPV was to mimmick the WWE. WWE has a lot of filler PPV's that don't actually serve any purpose (from the viewer's POV). It also cheapens the PPV's when you've got this obligation to host one every month and it makes it more difficult for me to create special site banners or videos for the league. With only 4 PPV's in the year, each one should be special and something to look forward to months in advance.

Thanks, for taking the time to read this and I hope this news makes you excited for the coming year.
Back to top Go down
https://cotrleague.forumotion.com
Gabriel

Gabriel

Character Sheet
Alias: Jimmy Poseidon
PSN ID: FearMyWrath24
Finishing Move(s): Empty Abyss (Single-Legged Boston Crab), Black Hole (Top Rope Spinning Spinebuster)

PostSubject: Re: Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches   Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 am

Suggestions for PPV Theme Songs

Crown of Valor - "Rebirthing" by Skillet

Warrior's Edge - "Out of Contorl" by Hoobastank

Riot on the Beach - "So Hott" by Kid Rock

Darkest Hour - "Demon Speeding" by Rob Zombie

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/knapman22
GM Ryan Lee
Admin
GM Ryan Lee

Character Sheet
Alias: Ryuu Lee
PSN ID: kaydinv
Finishing Move(s): Dragon Suplex

PostSubject: Re: Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches   Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Theme Songs for the PPVs...

Those are interesting suggestions for the PPV's. I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
https://cotrleague.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches   Plans for the Champions of the Ring PPV's and Title Matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1