WWE '12 Champions of the Ring
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Champions of the Ring PS3 League for WWE '12!

HomeHome  ForumForum  NewsNews  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on Extreme Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel

Gabriel

Character Sheet
Alias: Jimmy Poseidon
PSN ID: FearMyWrath24
Finishing Move(s): Empty Abyss (Single-Legged Boston Crab), Black Hole (Top Rope Spinning Spinebuster)

Thoughts on Extreme Rules Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

1) United States Championship match = 2/10

One year ago, Miz had won the main event at WrestleMania XXVII to retain his WWE Championship against John Cena. In the PRE SHOW, The Miz LOSES to SANTINO MARELLA, by putting over, THE FUCKING COBRA. I'm not a Miz fan, but this is so unbelievably retarded, you can't help with sympathize with him. The rest of the match was also useless.

2) Falls Count Anywhere match = 6/10

An improvement over Orton and Kane's 'Mania encounter, this was an interesting treat for an opening, though mostly those in attendance in Illanois. However, about 70% of the moves hit during the match were strikes and kicks, which got mundane after a short while in the over 15 minute match, as well as the fact that Zack Ryder playing a part in the match never evolved and only showcased how much Ryder sucks against Kane.

3) Brodus clay vs. Dolph Ziggler = 5.5/10

It was good to see WWE showcase a match where Clay didn't completely squash someone and show a bit of weakness. That said...yeah, it's still your basic Brodus Clay match we've been seeing for the last 4 months. Maybe once we start seeing longer singles efforts from him, we'll be able to see just how Clay functions as a proper WWE wrestler.

4) Intercontinental Championship Tables match = 2/10

I'll be honest, that was one of the most pathetic endings to a match I've seen in a while. It almost looks like something that wasn't even planned, perhaps just an unlucky botch. Apart from that, there was nothing really to this match at all. Pure shite. (Bonus negative points for losing 150CP in the bookies, for such an insipid ending)

5) World Heavyweight Championship 2 Out of 3 Falls match = 7/10

Whilst still raging about the latter match, my spirits were liften slightly by the quality of this. Though the first 10 odd minutes were too mat based for my personal liking, by the time Sheamus had his injury, shit started to get real. The amount of tension you could feel was great, and it played out with a heavy sense of realism.

6) Ryback vs. The Most Aggravating Jobbers in the History of Our Sport = 7/10

I would award this the same rating as the Brodus squash, but it gets bonus points for me getting to see him beat the fuck out of these math geek asswagon piss-stains. Would've been better if it were just a few moments longer, and the "bizarro-world" crowd in Illinois weren't chanting 'boring'.

7) WWE Championship Chicago Street Fight = 8.5/10

It wasn't until I was about 15 minutes in that I suddenly realised I was watching a full-on, classic ECW brawl. This match really had something of everything, and the interaction with the audience throughout all of it was incredible. Both men looked their best and performed like their careers depended on it. Only downer would be that a lot of the spots had been taken from Jericho's unsanctioned match with Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven 2008. Aside from that, a damn good presentation by these two, and I'm sad to see such a well-developed feud end, even if it was on a such a high note.

8) Divas Championship match = 3/10

I do not have the slightest care in the world that Layla is back, and my bookie bet for Nikki to retain her title was swiftly abandoned. That pretty much justifies the rating.

9) Brock vs. Cena = 7.5/10

Ok, THIS was the stiffest match I've ever witnessed. Take Scott Steiner vs. Buff Bagwell at WCW Slamboree '99, at times it by 10. That's how brutal this match was, and I cannot believe it if Cena had no beef with Brock after this. But that aside, from a wrestling standpoint, this was pretty slow, but the sheer brutality and spectacle of seeing Lesnar back in the ring, dominating John with the crimson mask and all, was so froot to watch.

OVERALL = 6/10

Whilst there were a good chunk of matches I really enjoyed, there was just too much useless crap that filled up the card, and put it down to the above-average mediocre ranks. It should be noted that this is, like WrestleMania, the case where the first half of the card was kinda poor, while the second half contained a mix of froot to above-average matches. I think someone really needs to knuckle down on this mid-card scene if this continues...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/knapman22
MLGPro1337

MLGPro1337

Character Sheet
Alias: PRO
PSN ID: Cody_The_Pro
Finishing Move(s): The Anuresym,Bloodline

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm

WTF WWE THE BEST EVER OBVIOUSLY 10000000000000000000000000000/10
Back to top Go down
@*Mr.BTY* Justin Bailey

@*Mr.BTY* Justin Bailey

Character Sheet
Alias: Mr.BTY
PSN ID: mrmade1
Finishing Move(s): Bailey Cutter, Red Carpet Welcome

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Gab i had Taken your job for 2 PPV's
Back to top Go down
Gabriel

Gabriel

Character Sheet
Alias: Jimmy Poseidon
PSN ID: FearMyWrath24
Finishing Move(s): Empty Abyss (Single-Legged Boston Crab), Black Hole (Top Rope Spinning Spinebuster)

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:58 am

Job? Giving opinions on a show is now a career? Durr hurr hurr
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/knapman22
Codeydbw

Codeydbw

Character Sheet
Alias: Next Big Thing
PSN ID: codeydbw
Finishing Move(s): Justice Serverd, The British Breakdown

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I agree that the Marella vs Miz match was fucking stupid, however I don't understand why you think the Lesnar vs Cena match was so good, it was a boring squash match which just proved how much of a ''Superman'' John Cena is. Ryback vs the Jobbers was also boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Extreme Rules   Thoughts on Extreme Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Extreme Rules
Page 1 of 1